THE GONG SHOW IS BACK! We're looking for wildly talented performers with unpredictable and unexpected acts who want to appear on this celebrated comedic variety show!
This season we are looking for:
- Funny, creative, and surprising acts of all kinds nationwide!
- Skilled AND unskilled
- Family Acts
- Kid Acts ages 9 & up
- Animal Acts
- Hilarious Characters/Prop Comics
- Surprising Stunts
- Acts that make you go "WOW!"
- Shocking Acts, i.e. Mary
- Out-of-the-box Acts
- Guinness Book Record Holders
- Real Showstoppers
- Any one-of-a-kind acts - surprise us with your creativity!
A MINOR APPLICANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION AND ANY OTHER CASTING MATERIALS ON HIS/HER BEHALF.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- You must be at least nine (9) years old as of the date your application is submitted.
- You must be available to shoot for approximately one to two days in Los Angeles in May 2018.
- You may not have been convicted of a felony nor had a restraining order entered against you.
- You must voluntarily submit to a background check (if requested).
- You must be free from any and all holding or exclusivity agreements with other television programs.
- You must not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until at least one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear.
- Neither you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may currently be or have been, within the past one (1) year an employee, officer or director of any of the following: (a) Bigger Boat, Inc. (“Producer”), American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“Network”), any television station owned or operated by Network, Sony Pictures Television, Inc., Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. and Sullivan Compliance Company, or any of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities; (b) any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Gong Show (the "Program"); (c) any known major sponsor of the Program; or, (d) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program.
All eligibility determinations shall be made by Producer in its sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects. Producer reserves the right to modify the eligibility requirements at any time. In addition, Producer reserves the right at any time to render ineligible any person who Producer determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the development, production, administration, judging, exhibition, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE GONG SHOW:
STEP 1: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION - CLICK LOG IN ABOVE!
Submit an application:
1. Click on Log In, above in the right-hand corner, to create a talent profile with our website and complete the application questionnaire.
Please note, if your act includes multiple participants, each individual (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if the applicant is a minor) must complete their own application.
STEP 2: SUBMIT A VIDEO!
Upload a video of your act HERE.
Keep in mind that videos do not have to be professional or highly-edited. We would much rather see an unedited performance that shows off your fun and one-of-a-kind personality and act.
In your video, please be sure to include the following:
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF: This should be no more than 30 seconds. Tell us your name, age, occupation, and where you're from, and the inspiration for your act. (If you're a group act, your entire act must be together on camera and introduce themselves. Tell us your relationship. Are you brothers, sisters, best friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc?)
- GIVE YOUR ACT A NICKNAME!: Think back to the original Gong Show, with classic acts like The Unknown Comic and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine. Be loud and proud and tell us your big headline title!
- SHOW US YOUR ACT!: Include a performance of your act that is a minimum of 45 seconds long and NO LONGER than 2 minutes.
- Get creative with your costume, wardrobe, and props, but avoid trademarked materials or logos.
- Any music required for your act must be original.
- Show off as much as your personality and energy as possible!
- This show is one of the most celebrated stages on television - show us what makes you one of the most celebrated performers in America!
VIDEO SUBMISSION METHODS:
We highly prefer to receive videos of your act uploaded to the link above. If you find you are having difficulty uploading to this link, you may also email us at email@example.com with private YouTube links, Vimeo links with video download enabled, or a Google Drive or Dropbox link. Please do not post your video on a public forum.
- If you record your act on your phone, be sure to position your phone horizontally, not vertically, so we can see the full scope of your act.
- Make sure your lighting is good (so we can see your performance!) and check your sound.
- If you record on your phone and you would like assistance uploading your video, please contact us at 323.741.4664 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you through the process.
ATTEND THE GONG SHOW SEASON 2 OPEN CALL!
SATURDAY, MARCH 24TH
FLAPPERS COMEDY CLUB BURBANK
102 E Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91502
AUDITIONS WILL BEGIN AT 9 AM!
If you would like to attend the open call, you must register by emailing email@example.com with your name and phone number. Pre-registered attendees will receive a confirmation number and call time. All performers MUST have a complete application for The Gong Show Season 2 before they may audition for the talent team.
AUDITION AT A GONG EVENT NEAR YOU!
MEET THE GONG TEAM!
Unexpected Productions at The Market Theatre
Saturday, April 14th
1428 Post Alley
Seattle, WA 98101
Sign up to audition: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please stay tuned for more events nationwide!
If you have any questions, please reach out to MysticArt Pictures and the Gong Show talent team at email@example.com or 323.741.4664.