A MINOR APPLICANT'S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ON HIS/HER BEHALF.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States.
- You must be available to shoot for approximately one to two days in Los Angeles. Shooting dates for future seasons are to be determined.
- You may not have been convicted of a felony.
- You must voluntarily submit to a background check (if requested).
- You must be free from any and all holding or exclusivity agreements with other television programs.
- You must not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until at least one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear.
- Neither you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may currently be or have been, within the past one (1) year an employee, officer or director of any of the following: (a) Bigger Boat, Inc. (“Producer”), American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. (“Network”), any television station owned or operated by Network, Sony Pictures Television, Inc., Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. and Sullivan Compliance Company, or any of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities; (b) any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program; (c) any known major sponsor of the Program; or, (d) any person or entity supplying services or prizes to the Program.
All eligibility determinations shall be made solely by Producer in its sole discretion and are final and binding in all respects. Producer reserves the right to add to or modify the eligibility requirements at any time.
In addition, Producer reserves the right at any time to render ineligible any person who Producer determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, or distribution of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE GONG SHOW: SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION & ACT VIDEO!
1. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: Click on "Login to Apply" to create a talent profile with our website and complete the questionnaire. If this is your first time using our website, you must click "Sign Up" within the Log In module to create a profile, which you can then use to complete a Gong Show application. If your act includes multiple participants, each individual (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if the applicant is a minor) must complete their own application.
2. SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO: If you are not attending an event, click HERE to upload a video of your act. Keep in mind that videos do not have to be professional or highly-edited. Acts should be between 45 seconds to 90 seconds long. We would much rather see an unedited performance that shows off your fun and one-of-a-kind personality and act.
Please be sure to include the following:
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF: This should be no more than 30 seconds. Tell us your name, age, occupation, and where you're from. (If you're a group act, your entire act must be together on camera and introduce themselves. Tell us your relationship. Are you brothers, sisters, best friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc?)
- GIVE YOUR ACT A NICKNAME!: Think back to the original Gong Show, with classic acts like The Unknown Comic and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine. Be loud and proud and tell us your big headline title!
- WHAT MAKES YOUR ACT ONE-OF-A-KIND?: Tell us what you’re doing that America has never seen before! We are looking for acts with an element of unexpected originality and surprise!
- SHOW US YOUR ACT!: Include a performance of your act that is a minimum of 45 seconds long and NO LONGER than 2 minutes.
- Get creative with your costume, wardrobe, and props, but avoid trademarked materials.
- There is no limit to the amount of people in your act, but please be sure to include all members of your act in your video.
- Be original! Anything goes on this stage. We welcome all acts, from your greatest party trick to unique stunts to a fun character you have created.
- Show off as much as your personality as possible! We want to see your energetic self bring on the comedy.
- Bring on the laughs! This show is all about those great comedic moments – and this is your chance to show us what you’ve got.
VIDEO SUBMISSION METHODS:
We highly prefer to receive videos of your act uploaded to the link above. If you find you are having difficulty uploading to this link, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with private YouTube links, Vimeo links with video download enabled, or a Google Drive or Dropbox link. Please do not post your video on a public forum.
- If you record your act on your phone, be sure to position your phone horizontally, not vertically, so we can see the full scope of your act.
- Make sure your lighting is good (so we can see your performance!) and check your sound.
- If you record on your phone and you would like assistance uploading your video, please contact us at 323.741.4664 or email@example.com and we will guide you through the process.
Our talent team will be in touch to learn more about you!
In your audition for The Gong Show, please prepare a 60-90 second act that represents exactly what you plan to do on the show. This should include:
- Your arrival on stage. What will the panel see when you first appear? How will you introduce yourself? How will you make that first impression?
- What happens during your act? Does it build up to a moment, a reveal, or a surprise?
- How does your act end?
Once you have fully planned your act, think through it and see if there is anything else you can add in for some great comedic moments!
You will be performing your act from your introduction through the end in your audition. You do not need to narrate; perform as if you are actually on the show. Please be sure to have enough space to perform. If your act needs more space than is available in your audition location, have a friend film your act and send it to us before your audition. If filming from home and using a phone, have your friend hold the phone horizontally, not vertically.
If you have any questions, please reach out to MysticArt Pictures and the Gong Show talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323.741.4664.